#ShopLocal this season! Starting to plan your holiday shopping list? You’re in luck! Our Move to Tacoma gift guides help you figure out exactly where to shop in Tacoma all while supporting local businesses and economies!
Showcasing shops that are all recommended by Tacomans themselves, this crowdsourced list features a huge variety of businesses. No matter who you’re shopping for or what their interests are, there’s bound to be *somewhere* on this list that you can go and pick out a gift that’s going to please.
We hope you’ll shop local this holiday season, but we also hope you’ll bookmark this list and keep it on hand for birthdays, Valentine’s Day, Teacher Appreciation Week, and any other time of the year you find yourself scrambling for a unique, thoughtful, and local present!
Whether you’re looking for something unique, something fun, or something local, Tacoma’s North End is brimming with unique shops and businesses. Here are several local businesses recommended by Tacomans:
- Located at: 3815 N 26th St, Tacoma, WA 98407
- Hours: 10:00a-7:00p Monday-Thursday & Saturday; 10:00a-8:00p Friday; 11:00a-5:00p Sunday
From candles, clothes, and cookware to magnets, knick knacks, and gag gifts, Compass Rose is the ideal spot to find something cute and fun!
*Featured image courtesy of the Compass Rose Facebook page
- Located at: 2624 N 21st St., Tacoma, WA 98406
- Hours: 10:00a-6:00p Monday-Saturday; 12:00p-4:00p Sunday
Located in the Three Bridges/North end neighborhoods, Evolve Home is your one-stop shop for all things home and women’s apparel. With a furniture selection that ranges from the 1920s to mid-century modern pieces, as well as a large selection of the latest TOMS shoes and exclusive clothing lines, this boutique has everything a woman needs to show off her unique sense of style.
- Located at: 2614 N Proctor St, Tacoma, WA 98407
- Hours: 10:00a-6:00p Monday-Saturday; 11:00a-5:00p Sunday
If that lady in your life’s style is more eclectic and artistic, then Envy Tacoma is THE place to go! From scarves, sweaters, and jackets to jewelry, bags, and vests, there’s no doubt you will walk out of this shop with a fun and unique addition to her fashion collection. With affordable prices and a friendly staff who is willing to help you every step of the way, you are sure to find exactly what her wardrobe’s been missing at Envy.
- Located at: 101 N Tacoma Ave. Tacoma, WA 98403
- Hours: Mon – Fri: 9AM – 6:30 PM / Sat: 10AM – 5 PM
For quirky, unforgettably gifts and small luxuries, head to Rankos in Stadium District for some shopping in a relaxing, “old time” atmosphere. You can check out a few of their featured products on their website ahead of time, too!
Pacific Northwest Shop
- Located at: 2702 North Proctor Street, Tacoma, WA. 98407-5228
- Hours: 10:00a-7:00p Monday-Friday; 9:00a-6:00p Saturday; 11:00a-5:00p Sunday
For a selection of authentic items that showcase the best of the Pacific Northwest, look no further than the Pacific Northwest Shop. Owned by local Bill Evans (check out our interview with him here!), the shop has been a family business for over 30 years now and features an array of kitchenware, specialty foods, and unique items like Volcanic Ash Art Glass made from the ash of Mt. St. Helens. If you’re looking for a souvenir for the folks back home, this is the place to go!
- Located at: 610 N 1st St, Tacoma, WA 98403
- Hours: Monday – Tuesday: Closed / Wed, Thur, Friday: 11AM – 5PM / Saturday: Noon – 5PM
Nested right next to Stadium Thriftway, Tease Chocolates is a newer shop that specializing in “bean to bar” products. That means they create some of their chocolate straight from the beans!
Conservatory Gift Shop
- Located at: 316 South G St. Tacoma WA, 98405
- Hours: Tuesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., closed Mondays, except for public holidays.
Handmade pottery, incredible ornaments, plants, and more are all available at the W. W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory gift shop! Plus, during the holiday season they sell locally grown poinsettias for $9 each.
- Located at: 3407 North Proctor St Tacoma, WA 98407
- Hours: Wednesday – Friday 10:00 – 5:00 / Saturdays 11:00 – 3:00
Located in the Proctor District, this FAI Jewelry is really more like an art gallery! These unique, artistic creations are sure to impress anyone who appreciates fine pieces of jewelry and are meant to be cherished for a lifetime!
- Located at: 3310 N. Proctor, Tacoma, WA 98407
- Hours: Monday-Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. / Saturday & Sunday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Plants, gardening tools, garden accents, and more are all in the mix at GardenSphere in Proctor.
- Located at: 3810 North 27th Street Tacoma WA 98407 US
- Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 10am – 5pm, Sunday, Monday CLOSED
This specialty children’s boutique showcases adorable new, used and vintage clothing along with a delightful selection of locally made gifts.
- Located at: 628 St. Helens Avenue Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: STINK HOURS: Tuesday – Thursday 11:00 am to 7:00 pm / Friday and Saturday 11:00 am to 7:00 pm | EL TUFO WINE BAR (21+) – Tuesday – Thursday 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm / Friday and Saturday 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Pick up a bottle of wine or a gift card for the wine and cheese-lovin’ person in your life! You can enjoy a meal at STINK or head next door to their wine bar to enjoy the new “aroma of Tacoma”!
- Located at: 606 South Fawcett Avenue,Tacoma, WA 98402
Known as the South Sound’s home of independent and foreign films, the Grand Cinema boasts an eclectic line up all year long. Movie tickets or even a Grand Cinema membership make an excellent gift that’ll keep giving all year long!
Blue Mouse Theater
Located at: 2611 North Proctor Tacoma, WA 98407
The Blue Mouse Theater in Tacoma’s Proctor District is another great indie theater to support—movie tickets or tickets to one of their events make for a clever gift for the person who has everything.
Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium
- Located at: 5400 North Pearl Street Tacoma, WA 98407
- Hours: Thursday – Monday, 9:30am-4pm
Not only does the Point Defiance Zoo gift shop have some amazing gifts (especially for animal lovers!) a trip to the zoo, a zoo membership, or a gift card for a shark dive would make a seriously memorable gift!