#ShopLocal this season! Starting to plan your holiday shopping list? You’re in luck! Our Move to Tacoma gift guides help you figure out exactly where to shop in Tacoma all while supporting local businesses and economies!
Showcasing shops that are all recommended by Tacomans themselves, this crowdsourced list features a huge variety of businesses. No matter who you’re shopping for or what their interests are, there’s bound to be *somewhere* on this list that you can go and pick out a gift that’s going to please.
We hope you’ll shop local this holiday season, but we also hope you’ll bookmark this list and keep it on hand for birthdays, Valentine’s Day, Teacher Appreciation Week, and any other time of the year you find yourself scrambling for a unique, thoughtful, and local present!
Whether you’re looking for something unique, something fun, or something local, Downtown Tacoma is brimming with unique shops and businesses. Here are several local businesses in Downtown Tacoma, recommended by Tacomans:
- Located at: 1936 Pacific Ave., Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: 11:00a-7:00p Monday-Saturday; 12:00p-5:00p Sunday
With everything from local souvenirs, to books, jewelry, candles, and more, there’s no telling what fun knick knack or unique treat you’ll be able to pick up at Stocklist Goods!
Cover photo courtesy of the Stocklist Goods Facebook page
- Located at: 1115 A Street, Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: 9:30a-5:30p Tuesday-Friday; 11:00a-4:00p Saturday; closed Sunday & Monday
Noted as “Tacoma’s Oldest Downtown Gift Store,” Watermark Gifts has a wide selection of goods as well as a warm, beautiful atmosphere. With cheeky novelty items, cute cards, fragrant soaps and candles, and accessories for home and fashion, get ready to relax and enjoy exploring this Downtown staple.
- Located at: 907 Pacific Ave., Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: 11:00a-7:00p Monday-Saturday; 12:00p-6:00p Sunday
If you’re looking for a gift that’s sporty with a hometown-vibe, then check out ETC Tacoma. All clothes are created by local designers and range from socks to hats and everything in between. At ETC Tacoma, comfort and community go hand-in-hand.
- Located at: 821 Pacific Ave., Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: 12:00p-5:00p Saturday & by appointment
For unique, sustainable, and hand-crafted furniture and art, look no further than Matter, a new custom design showroom and artspace in Tacoma’s Theater District. With four local artisans who design all pieces with an environmental focus and surprising twists, you are guaranteed one-of-a-kind furniture and accessories that would make perfect gifts for any trendy friend or family member.
- Located at: 1734 Pacific Ave., Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: 11:00a-7:00p Monday-Saturday; 12:00p-5:00p Sunday
With a number of exclusive brands, local goods, and unique accessories, Satori is a chic yet fun destination for any gift-giving occasion. Whether you’re looking for candles, kitchenware, clothing, or beauty products, this trendy spot has what you need to make that present beautiful and special.
- Located at: 1914 Pacific Ave., Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: 10:00a-6:00p Monday-Saturday; 12:00p-5:00p Sunday
For the little scientist or inventor in your life, Tinkertopia is the perfect place to find a gift that they (and you) will love. Take-home DIY projects and in-store tinkering events teach children the joy of creating something from scratch and show them how to recycle by utilizing old materials in new, artistic ways. So, if you want to give a gift that’s both fun and educational, look into scheduling your kid’s next party at Tinkertopia!
Revisioned-An Urban Boutique
- Located at: 741 St Helens Ave., Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: 11:00a-6:00p Tuesday-Saturday & Sunday; closed Monday
Located in the Theater District neighborhood, Revisioned-An Urban Boutique features an array of locally-made art, jewelry, and spices that would make a unique gift for any event. With skill-based classes and the development of a space to give community members the ability to produce their own work, Revisioned is a perfect shop for anyone hoping to support local businesses during holidays, birthdays, or other gift-giving opportunities.
- Located at: 940 Broadway, Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: 9:30a-5:30p Tuesday-Saturday; closed Sunday & Monday
Since the 1930s, LeRoy Jewelers has been in the business of ensuring local residents get the highest quality jewelry. The store has remained family-owned and current owner Steph Farber has watched it stand through trials and tribulations, developing a unique perspective not only on the shop, but on the city of Tacoma itself. So, if you’re in the market for the finest accessories with a little history on the side, check out Leroy Jewelers!
- Located at: 1934 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: 11:00a-7:00p Monday-Thursday; 11:00a-8:00p Friday-Saturday; 12:00p-5:00p Sunday
For the sporty, skater-type in your life, Bleach is the perfect place to shop. They offer a wide range of local, vintage, and exclusive brand clothes for men, women, and children. With fun spins on familiar logos, you are sure to find something that is uniquely Tacoma and just right for your friends and family.
- Located at: 218 St Helens Ave., Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: 11:00a-7:00p; open later for special events
If you need a particular gift for your favorite bookworm, King’s Books may be right up your alley. With approximately 150,000 new and used books, this independent shop is sure to have virtually anything you may be looking for. Give your friend or family member a gift to remember from King’s Books. Oh, and while you’re there, pay a visit to the store’s cat and proclaimed “true reigning monarch,” Atticus!
Learning Sprout Toys
- Located at: 809 Pacific Ave. Tacoma, Wa. 98402
- Hours: 10:00a-5:00p Monday-Saturday; closed Sunday
Learning Sprout is a kid’s paradise! Brimming with toys, books, learning materials and more, Learning Sprout Toys in Downtown Tacoma might just be better than Santa’s workshop.
- Located at: 602 Fawcett Avenue Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: 7:30am to 7pm Monday-Friday; 8am to 7pm Saturday; 9am to 6pm Sunday
Don’t let their website fool you—while Corina Bakery does do custom cakes, they also have a dine-in cafe with a huge selection of fresh baked goods! Pick up some locally crafted treats for Santa or a gift card to enjoy after the holidays.
- Located at: 1932 Pacific Ave., Tacoma, WA. 98402
- Hours: 11:00a-7:00p Monday-Saturday; 12:00p-5:00p Sunday
If you’re looking for a gift with some vintage flair, UrbanXchange is an absolute must. With an array of unique items, from beard oils to vintage housewares and even small plants, there is no doubt you will find the perfect quirky yet chic gift for that eclectic person on your list.
- Located at: 626 St. Helens, Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: by appointment Monday-Tuesday; 12:00p-6:00p Wednesday-Friday; 1:00p-5:00p Saturday
For statement pieces that really pop, check out Gigi Pop. This shop features sophisticated yet edgy designs that are just right for all of the truly fabulous people in your life!
University Book Store
- Located at: 1754 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: 9:00a-6:00p Monday-Wednesday; 9:00a-7:00p Thursday; 9:00a-5:00p Friday-Saturday; closed Sunday
The University Book Store is so much more than just a college book store. With Husky gear, gift wrapping services, gift cards, and so much more, the University Book Store is your one-stop shop for gifts to fit any occasion.
Museum of Glass
- Located at: 1801 Dock Street, Tacoma, WA 98402 – 3217
- Hours: closed Monday-Tuesday; 10:00a-5:00p Wednesday-Saturday; 12:00p-5:00p Sunday; 10:00a-8:00p third Thursday of each month; closed Christmas & New Year’s Day
The gift shop at the Museum of Glass features locally made glass art, comprehensive book and exhibition catalog section, fine jewelry, toys and games for children, and much, much more. You can also purchase a membership for a loved one, so they can experience a year of “glassy” experiences at the Museum of Glass.
Destiny City Comics
- Located at: 218 Saint Helens Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: closed Monday; 1:00p-6:00p Tuesday; 12:00p-8:00p Wednesday-Saturday; 12:00p-6:00p Sunday
For the comic book lover in your life, stop by Destiny City Comics. They offer a selection of traditional comics, critically-acclaimed graphic novels, and works by local artists, so you are sure to find the gift that is just right for them at Destiny City Comics.
- Located at: 1744 Pacific Ave., Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: 10:00a-6:00p Monday-Saturday; 11:00a-5:00p Sunday
Started as a merging of a love for travel with a love for shopping, Purple Peacock offers a wide selection of jewelry, antiques, and other one-of-a-kind gifts. If you’re in the market for something truly unique and special for a loved one, this is the place to shop.
- Located at: 707 Pacific Ave, Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: only open during special events
Geek Boutique is a local, woman-owned shop that features ethically made makeup, nerdy nail art and wraps, glitters, geeky apparel and other fun items that are perfect for gifts and stocking stuffers. With exciting events and shopping days, this boutique is definitely worth a visit.
- Located at: 749 Broadway, Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: 11:30a-4:00p Monday; 11:30a-5:00p Tuesday-Thursday & Saturday; 11:30a-6:00p Friday; 12:00p-3:00p Sunday
Specializing in pop culture and art, What? Shoppe features original art, movie posters and memorabilia, Mexican Folk Art, and other fun and crazy gifts. If you have an artist in your life, they’ll love a gift from What? Shoppe!
- Located at: 1901 S. Jefferson St. Suite 100, Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: 12:00p-5:00p Saturday (Artists present in store); 12:00p-8:00p third Thursday (Art Mingle); 9:00a-5:00p Monday-Friday (unstaffed viewing in lobby only)
253 Collective acts as a cooperative retail space for artists in the Tacoma area. Here you can support local creatives by purchasing original paintings, prints, functional art, and more gifts that are sure to become unique conversation pieces.
Artist & Craftsman Supply
- Located at: 616 St. Helens, Suite 102, Tacoma, WA 98402
Artist & Craftsman Supply has a wide selection of tools for artists of all styles and skill levels. With paint and brush sets, kids’ painting supplies, and gift cards, you can be sure to give every creative mind exactly what they need.
Creative Forces Gallery
- Located at: Hotel Murano Tacoma, 1320 Broadway Plaza, Tacoma WA 98402
- Hours: 10:00a-6:00p Monday-Saturday; closed Sunday
For an array of elegant, original, and locally-designed artwork, look no further than Creative Forces Gallery. This space features jewelry, vases, and sculptures that would make breathtaking, invaluable gifts for your loved ones.
Broadway Center for the Performing Arts
- Located at: 901 Broadway, Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: 11:00a-6:00p Monday-Friday; closed Saturday-Sunday
The Broadway Center for the Performing Arts provides one of the largest performing arts education programs in Washington State and brings continued prosperity and appreciation of the arts to the local community. If you know someone who holds a deep love for the theater, give them the gift of a membership to the Broadway Center for the Performing Arts this holiday season. You can also stop by the gift shop for something local and unique!
Tacoma Art Museum
- Located at: 1701 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: closed Monday; 10:00a-5:00p Tuesday-Sunday; 5:00p-8:00p free third Thursday
For a wide selection of artistic gifts, check out the cards, books, jewelry, home decor, and more at the gift shop at the Tacoma Art Museum. You can also buy a loved one membership to the museum so they can enjoy beautiful works of art all year-round!
Children’s Museum of Tacoma
- Located at: 1501 Pacific Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98402
- Hours: closed Monday; 10:30a-11:30a Tuesday; 10:00a-5:00p Wednesday-Sunday
If you know a kid or a kid at heart, give them a gift that is both fun and educational, with help from the Children’s Museum of Tacoma. Membership, birthday, and other special event packages ensure that the joy and learning never end for children and adults alike.