The Move to Tacoma podcast has had a big year, loads of cool guests and insightful topics of discussion made their way into the studio in 2017. Special Guest Host, Erik Hanberg sat down and talked with Marguerite Martin about 2017 and what’s coming our way in 2018.
- Marguerite changed her last name in 2017! It's a new, much easier to spell last name, too! Marguerite Martin!
- One major goal of Marguerite's in 2017 was to be more engaged with local politics. The two touch on this wildly successful attempt in the Adult Civics Happy Hour series. Insightful discussions led by Nate Bowling on political topics that Marguerite likes to call, “What you should have learned in social studies,” have served as a new way to connect and be civically engaged. ACHH will continue in 2018, keep an eye on the MoveToTacoma.com page to be notified when tickets come available!
- The focus for MoveToTacoma.com in 2018 include: Live music, the dating scene (she’s taking notes and wants to make out like the mountains out….) and economic development through support of local businesses.
- Erik and Marguerite also chat about Channel 253, Sounders S2 moving to Tacoma, Tacoma’s TacoMan and an upcoming podcast, Crossing Division among other things.
- In an effort to step up the quality of the content for MovetoTacoma.com's audience, Marguerite is bringing on more writers and starting a new web series, TryTacoma.tv. On TryTacoma.tv Marguerite will try things in Tacoma she's never done before, which turns out to be a lot! “I discovered I kinda define myself by things I won’t do,” she says. Adventure awaits.